Friday, February 10, 2012

Oh, the Super Bowl. How America loves you and yet I hate you. You are, in my opinion, one of the worst, if not THE worst football game played all season long. Your commercials were even sub-par this year.

But here's the reason I'm writing about the super bowl. With 99 percent of America watching the game on an HD tv somewhere, with a beer in hand and thinking of an excuse to feed their boss in the moring, we all saw the New York football Giants, (if only I could impersonate Chirs Berman) beat the Patriots.

Then the real madness insued, and it mainly brought to our attention by journalism.

Example A: Two patriots players decided that sulking with Tom Brady wasnt exactly for them so they took their shirts off and decided to party. Do whatever you need to do to deal with the grief of the biggest loss of your career, I guess.

Eample B: Then we have Tom Brady's super smoking hot wife, (such a lucky man) blasting the Patriot's wide receivers. Go Gisele! I have no doubt in my mind that you could have caught every pass that your beloved hubby threw that night! Then we also have the presumed Gisele curse that Mr. Brady is under, apparently Tony Romo suffered this same curse with Jessica Simpson. Tom, take a note from Tony and get rid of her.

Example C: The knee-jerk reaction from several journalists proclaiming insanely stupid things. If you'd like a great summary of the whole situation just read this. I'd go into further detail but I would disgrace Mr. Reilly and I refuse to do so.

Example D: I keep seeing the same damn commercial asking Eli Manning where he is going next. Good thing I know that answer, it's DISNEYWORLD!!!!

Example E: We have two Super Bowl gam officials who were, you know, kind of doing their job watching the game and hopefully their proper keys (ref lingo which I would love to talk about all day) who had a conversation late in the game to say the Welker drop was the end of the game. Some people might have an issue with this, but as an official I can tell you these kinds of conversations happen all the time. If people outside the profession actually understood all the jargon officials use, boy oh boy would we be in trouble. Luckily for me and the rest of the officiating world, people who want to get yelled at and be half right and half wrong all the time are few and far between.

I hope you all had a great Super Sunday, I hope some of you enjoyed Hangover Monday even, and then I hope you realize all of the madness that ensues with this game.

P.S., next president, please make the day after the Super Bowl a holiday. I'd love to have such a stupid holiday.



No comments:

Post a Comment